There are two things that matter to me when I take your picture. First, I want you to have a fabulous time. Second, I want you to be absolutely in love with your photographs – laughing and crying at the same time.
Here are some fun facts about me!
• I’ll get Anna’s Taqueria to bring home anytime I am remotely close to one for a shoot. (Davis Square engagement shoot anyone??!)
• I’m a sucker for a good IPA. Well, really any IPA when it comes down to it. And a glass of champagne.
• I’ve run the Boston Marathon 4 times (for Dana-Farber) but still have a hard time calling myself a runner.
• We adopted a mutt from Jamaica named Benny who makes a great studio buddy.
• I have about 8 different Chap-Sticks/Lip Smackers strategically placed in my car, camera bag, desk, kitchen island etc.
• I watch love actually every December and Groundhog Day anytime it is on!
• I love to cook and will try anything by Cook’s Illustrated.
• I routinely tear up when the bride comes down the aisle, during sibling toasts, and watching parent dances.
• I’m not afraid to get dirty to get a great shot. I will climb a tree, stand on top of a piano, even crouch down in the mud if it means getting the best angle or light.
I grew up in a family that was always taking pictures. I took some workshop classes, but never dreamed it could be my “real job”. I got my degree to teach French. When I graduated, I wasn’t quite ready to settle down and start teaching, so I moved to Cape Cod to waitress for the summer. That turned into a winter snowboarding in Steamboat Springs, then a summer back on the cape, another winter in Colorado, and then another year on the cape.
I loved the cape but wanted to start teaching, so I moved to Amherst where I had two part-time teaching classes while taking grad classes. Much to my dismay I was miserable teaching, but was still loving taking pictures. My soon to be husband wanted to move to Boston to go to the North Bennet Street School. We lived in the North End and I got a job with a software company while I figured out what to do next, and looked into taking some more photography classes.
After two years, I had a pretty big week…
September 11th happened
September 13th I got laid off
September 15th we got married!!
I decided that life is too short to do something you don’t love, so I enrolled in the New England School of Photography and haven’t looked back since!
I would love to hear from you to learn the details of your special day. Please give me a call or send me an email and tell me all about yourself and I’ll be sure to return the favor. I’m available to meet with clients in person at my studio located in Southborough, MA or we can chat via phone, skype or facetime!
email@example.com | 617.283.3882